26 June 2006

A Thing That Gets To Me

I am so angry that I can't find the suitable words to describe my anger level. How can people have that talent of making you about to explode?!

Being that angry I'm not even sure that what I write would make much sense, but I'll try to explain the reason behind that mood.

You know how people always think they know it all and they can just look at you and categorize you instantly? And the categories don't come in a large variety either, it's either good or bad.
Good is when you're like them all, that stereotypical goodie-two-shoes that does it all their way, and then there's bad; that's when you're anything that's not the conventional hypocritically boring person that they are most comfortable around.

I am not bizarre. I am not so different either. I'm just myself, but I know that people can be different and I accept their differences. So why is it so hard that everyone else would accept other peoples' differences too?

Let me give you some examples of a stereotypical mindset: (not all of those things apply to me, but it just pisses me off that they are regarded as rules, as a matter of fact that's beyond dispute)

A girl only watches football to impress guys, a girl who smokes any kind of tobacco is doing it to attract attention (male attention, of course).
A guy or a girl who goes out on his/her own to go to the movies or sit in a cafe to read or anything of the sort is a weirdo and needs psychological help.
Someone who takes a garbage collector or anyone who is not of a "suitable" social standard out for a meal and a nice chat has got some (or most) screws loose in that thing he calls a head!
A girl who goes out with a group of guys that exceeds two is definitely not well behaved, she is an easy catch and has no manners whatsoever.
On the other hand, a guy who goes out with a group of girls that exceeds two is a great guy, a casanova that is envied by all his peers for his great charm and capability to attract the laydees.

The list just goes on and on. And while most of it is just a bunch of stupid things that shouldn't affect anyone that much, when you put them all together it becomes a totally different thing. It smothers you and kills your individuality a slow, painful and most brutal death.

Too many people let their passions go to waste because they are shackled by the prjudice of the ignorant community around them. It's truly a shame...

1 comment:

Christian said...

I feel you. This is by far the single worst thing in our "culture" or lack thereof maybe.
Funny I was planning on a kinda similar post.

You'll love it abroad.