14 June 2006

And The Hippie Talks

I'm not exactly what you'd call an authentic hippie, I don't go around believing that you have every right to smoke pot and get laid and I don't believe that what's mine is yours and what's ours is everybody else's... but I do believe that things should be a lot simpler in life. You don't have to have it all made out! you don't have to have your whole life divinely planned, you don't have to be polite and considerate all the time and you definitely shouldn't abide by the rules all the time! after all, who made those rules? some other human being looking for a sense of understanding, seeking the superiority of knowing something, and making any sense out of it... and actually passing it on to other unknowing human beings as ground rules as to how to lead a well, civilized life. So I say we all have to loosen up a little and go where our whims take us, just follow our impulses as long as they're not destructive impulses that will get us in deep ... trouble :)

I don't know how to describe myself, but I tend to talk about myself a lot ( it's obvious right?). It's that i'm a mixture of so many things that I can't even figure myself out, and I think I never will. I don't mind, I think if I actually figure myself out there will be no more mystery in my life and i'll just be that dull person who's all figured out.

People say i'm crazy, they're right. I am crazy, who isn't? We all have a crazy bit in us.. some just let it go and others try so hard to hide it. I believe that those who work so hard at hiding it are the ones who turn out to be the real nutcases. It strains to try to hide who you are in a stupid attempt to appeal to people who are indifferent anyway, so it eventually drives you over the edge. At least I think so.

2 comments:

Tiny said...

2 posts! WOW!
I do agree that u r nuts,but I don't agree that "We all have a crazy bit in us".There are people out there-and plenty I may add- who are too boring to be nuts!
Nuts is fun.. interesting.. an ever changing face.. exciting.. but misunderstod:(
If you don't abide by the rules u r judged as "loose/easy going/mon7arefa" to some extent-can't imagine the sorrow I am feeling as I put down these words- just because u chose to be different,to be an individual and not to follow the herd.However I still say to those ill minds to just GTH!!!

Rain said...

Tell me about people who just categorize you as bad just because you're different. And if you think about it, they must be crooked themselves to think that way. If someone is genuinely good they tend to look for the best in people, and if you're bad, you automatically think that everyone must be bad as well. But I have to disagree on one thing. Everyone is a bit crazy. Dull people just hide it well. that's why they're so dull, coz they're too busy hiding so there's no time for them to be spontaneous.