21 June 2006

Shawsheska I

"Dear diary,

I woke up today to the same feeling I've been having for two weeks now. I woke up to an empty bed. It's hard to grasp that we're no longer together. I just can't understand how all that was nothing but a big illusion. I went to make my morning coffee, not because I needed to drink coffee, just because that's what I do every morning. Everything is losing its meaning and nothing is making sense anymore. I drank my coffee and I can't remember what it tasted like. It doesn't matter anyway, everything turned tasteless the moment he told me he was leaving.

I didn't go to work today. I don't feel like leaving the house, and I can't stay here either. Everything in it reminds me of him, of us. Everything I touch or look at in here replays a memory in my head and I just can't stand it. I told myself this morning that today will be different, that I will not allow myself to sulk anymore and that I will go out for a walk and the fresh air will do the trick. I went out and after a long walk that I spent most of daydreaming about nothing at all, I found myself sitting on a bench in the park. Guess what, it was where he had kissed me for the first time. Ironic? Pathetic is more likely. Oh, diary I hate what I've become. I hate that person who looks back at me in the mirror and I hate him even more for doing that to me. There has to be a way to stop these tears, and this terrible pain."

Inspired by the song Illegal by Shakira ft. Carlos Santana

4 comments:

Christian said...

Nice read, is this your first attempt at writing?

Rain said...

Thanks Chris.
It's my first public attempt at writing. I usually write stuff like that but I always keep it to myself.
Don't know if it's good enough to bother others with (a)

Tiny said...

This is an excellent piece ya Hippie, no kidding begad!

It takes me back to a beatiful short story by Ahdaf Soueif (Cleopatrina: if u r reading this u'd understand-it is very much Aisha/Seif type of thing). Please do share with us more of your creative writing talent. I am actually fascinated by your frequent display of skills..Bravo..*thumbs up*

Rain said...

Awhh Tiny!!!!
I am flattered! thanks for your encouragement dearie :D