17 June 2006

Crush And Be Done

What's with having a crush on someone? aren't we too old for that? how can you still get a crush on some guy you barely know? And being as grown-up as we are, we can see from what little we know that there's no way that it would be anything more than a crush. So why do we not get it out of our heads and get on with whatever it is that we do? Maybe because of the feelings that come with that crush, maybe that exciting giggly feeling and flirtatious behaviour that gets all your nerves working and the blood pumping inside your vains. Maybe because all the time you're on your toes waiting for that other person's next step, and thinking of steps that you could take to attract them but still be subtle enough not to expose yourself too much. I've got to admit that it is very exciting to look for signs of interest from them, to catch them while they were discreetly looking at you, or to notice how they start a conversation with you over absolutely nothing at all, or when they say that everyone missed you and someone else when both of you didn't come one day (and you know that everyone didn't really miss you both). and it is fun to see your effect on them, too when you say something funny and they laugh like you just said the funniest thing there is, even if both of you know it's really not that funny anyway, or when you both join forces to make fun of a poor unsuspecting victim and you sense that they're really enjoying it. Yes, it feels great to know you're interesting, and yes it is fabulous that you have that effect on someone you like, but it is still just a crush, you know so you have to get the best of it, get it done, and get over it! you can't just let it go to waste, right? ;)

5 comments:

Christian said...

Good point, but the unfortunate replacement of all instances of "your" with "you're" really spoilt it for me :(

Yes, I have a near compulsive disorder that makes me bug people with corrections to their inadvertent mistakes.

Rain said...

I just noticed that! Thanx for pointing it out for me. Actually I have the same almost compulsive disorder. Found a couple of mistakes in your early posts but just kept them to myself( I know I won't be able to keep them for long though coz I just can't help it.)

I was using Linux and that stupid text editor Kword decided that it knew what I wanted to write more than I did! When I read it again it really bugged me

Anyway thanx again . All fixed now :)

Christian said...

lol, yeah I inject a few every now and then to keep my blog imperfect :Pp

Seriously though, Kword? That's kinda impressive. I just learnt from Tiny that you're a graduate of the same faculty I went to, small world!

Rain said...

Really? It figures! I saw one of the pictures in your blog and there were Millenia and Sara, and I thought to myself "It's such a small world!" too

So how come I've never seen you in college? Which class were you?

Christian said...

I graduated in 2002 so there was just 1 year overlap between when we were in college. And having been on my final year there when you went in I didn't show up that often for lectures and stuff, maybe that's why :)