27 August 2006

Oh Well, Too Bad

OK, so I have this little confession;

Ever had this feeling about someone that you wanted to be with them, even though you knew for a fact that it was totally absurd?? And down right impossible??? I'm not being clear at all. I know.

Let's see how I can put this... This guy I know, he's so attractive, he's got that star quality about him, not that little boyish Leo Di Caprio kind... The Bruice Willis kind. Of course, as usual he's younger than me ( why should he be any different from almost all my male friends ?!) and of course there could be nothing between us at aaalllll! But there's still this attractiveness about him.. Oh well. whatever!

You see, the problem with me (although I know it's not a problem, it's actually a good thing) is that I'm not the kind of person who would be with someone if it's not for all the right reasons. I don't do flings, I don't go for a relationship just for the fun of it. I really think it through before taking a step toward something serious.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not the "if you like me, propose and let's get married" type! ughh!! Those people freak me out! On the other hand though, I'm not the "Ok, I like you, be my boyfriend" type either.
I like to have some firm common ground between me and someone and then hook up and see where it takes us.


I've wasted my time and yours on this silly post. I'd better get back to work.

Later...

5 comments:

Tiny said...

Sweetheart, here's an advice from Grandma Non-Flinger: Serioustown is overrated!!!
It's a place,in your imagination, where you dress like a nun,act like one and end up feeling misplaced!! It's a curse- some attribute it to our lovely RCG. Being punished for wearing a coloured hairband in KG leaves no LITTLE scar!
hehehe..remember those days?!

Anyways, I like the guy..pass him over;)
NO no no seriously now-2al ya3ny- regardless of the reasons why it is impossible to hook up with this guy, you can always be friends! It's a word invented for such cases..you go out together,share views and share meals and basically have fun. Physical attraction?! Forget about it and it shall vanish..
What do you think!?

Tiny said...

Just checking to see if your blog is still active :P
I am sorry I wasn't mehayessa on Friday, I tried to but couldn't :S
I did get in the mood a song or 2 later :) I looked for you to go nuts together but you'd left!

It was an excellent day and the best part was seeing you ;)

Yalla ba2a post something!!

Rain said...

Tinyyyy, talking about school brings back all those memories! Some of which are not so pleasant, I have to admit, but most of them are just great. I know it left a lot of scars and carved us into what we are today, but it seems that we turned out just fine... dontcha think?

And about Friday.. that was GREAAT!! It was one of the most amazing gigs I've been to. And you were mehayesa enough.. although you did disappear at the end. Well, guess I'll write a post about it ;)

MechanicalCrowds said...

If you believe in equality then you should approach him!

Anonymous said...

I don't agree with MechanicalCrowds
although that i believe in equality but i also belive that he has to start talking first .
although rain can make him feel that he is someone special for her and treat him based on her feeling without saying it .